Tuesday 26 April 2011

A Year of Firsts!

This is obviously going to be my year of firsts! And my excitement about all of them is mounting…

In date order, so far (please forgive the excessive use of exclamation marks):

First blog interview here. It turned out to be enjoyable and encouraging, thanks to my lovely hostess and fellow Champagne Books author, Linda Kage. And I have some more lined up through May and June!

First novel being published next week (e-book first). I’m making the cyber launch date Thursday, 5th May – might as well compete with the Scottish elections, and people might remember the date. Will try and remember to announce it everywhere next week!

First tap dancing display. Gulp… just heard about this one last night and it’s scheduled for the first weekend of June. But I love dancing and dressing up, so I only have to get the routine into my head and feet now, along with my fellow mid-life dancers!

First offspring being married. This should be at the top, but I’ve left the best till last. Really looking forward to my son’s wedding at the beginning of July, especially since it’s going to be a lovely low-key affair in a tiny church on one of our Scottish islands. Will definitely post about it afterwards!

I think that's all the main events. Wonder what next year will bring…

Rosemary

14 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

Wow! You are having a year, Rosemary. Enjoy it (as you obviously are) and good luck with next year, too! (2 exclamation marks, but you're worth it! Oops - that makes three)

Joanna said...

These are fantastic firsts, Rosemary! What an amazing year! I'm looking forward to hearing all about the wedding. And I wish I could tap-dance. I only ever did ballet, but longed to tap-dance. My daughters did it and I so enjoyed watching them and listening to that lovely clicking sound.

Unknown said...

what can I say but, enjoy!

Carolb said...

Congratulations on all these firsts Rosemary.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks, Frances, and for all those exclamation marks!

Thanks for your comment, Joanna - it's the clicking sound I love to hear. Didn't do it when a child, so I'm making up for it now (in a kind of a way!).

I certainly hope to enjoy it all, Michael - thanks for commenting.

Thank you, Carol - it was only when I stopped to think about them I realised how much was happening!

Vikki said...

Look forward to seeing the tap dancing display:)

jenny wilson said...

i had a quick glance over the post and thought it said 'my first lap dancing display' lol

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Gulp, Vikki... Hope we're well practised by then!

Hi, Jenny - thanks for leaving a comment. That was funny, didn't even think about that (not that I would!).

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

What a fabulous year of first you have to look forward to. Good luck with everything, it sounds like you have a lot of fun things going on.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks a lot, Debs - looking forward to it all!

Teresa Ashby said...

Congratulations, Rosemary - what a fantastic year so far - and we're not even halfway through yet!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thank you, Teresa!

Myra Duffy said...

Hi Rosemary
Such well deserved success-whatever will you do next!
Myra

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks, Myra - watch this space!