Thursday 8 December 2011

Featured Author: Linda Rettstatt

I’m delighted to welcome fellow Champagne author, Linda Rettstatt, as my featured author today. Linda is an award winning writer of meaningful contemporary fiction and her latest novel, Reinventing Christmas, is an ideal read to put us in the mood for the festive season.

Welcome to reading and writing, Linda. Please introduce yourself.

Born in Brownsville, Pennsylvania, I worked for my hometown newspaper following graduation from high school. My writing career began with reviewing community theater productions (a task no one else on the news staff wanted.) I penned my first novel in 2004 and now have ten published. Four of my books have finaled for EPIC eBook Awards.

I write women's fiction and contemporary romance, and my background as a psychotherapist serves me in digging deeply into the emotional and psychological depths of characters. I am the owner and moderator of Women Fiction Writers, an online critique group of women writers from the USA and Canada. My work is published with Champagne Books, Class Act Books, and Wings ePress, and will soon be coming to Turquoise Morning Press. You can find me on my website and blog.

I currently reside in Southaven, Mississippi where I’m allowed to share an apartment with my cat, Binky (as long as I continue to bring home the Fancy Feast).

Reinventing Christmas


M.J. Rich is about to breakup with her boyfriend and seeks the comfort of her family’s familiar traditions for Christmas in Pittsburgh. Brady Cameron plans to spend the holiday alone at a Pennsylvania ski resort, drowning his sorrows. They meet while stranded by a winter storm in the Philadelphia Airport and agree to share the last rental car available, since they are both heading west. But a blizzard forces them off the highway and into an abandoned hunting cabin. Upon rescue, M.J. invites Brady to join her for a traditional family Christmas. It doesn’t take long for her to realize that nothing and no one is the same as when she last visited. Christmas turns out to be nothing either M.J. or Brady expects. It’s even better.

Reinventing Christmas is available at Champagne Books  and at Amazon (US) and Amazon (UK) for Kindle.

Thanks for joining us today, Linda, and all the best with your novels!
Rosemary

12 comments:

Paula Martin said...

I just downloaded Reinventing Christmas to my Kindle, Linda - look forward to reading it while I'm on my way to Florida for Christmas in 12 days time!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Wow - that was quick, Paula! Linda will be delighted. have a great time in Florida.

Joanna said...

This novel sounds a really lovely Christmas read and I'll let my eldest daughter know about it for her Kindle.
Many thanks, Rosemary and Linda - I feel really festive now!

Patsy said...

I can see that working as a psychotherapist might help with creating interesting and believable characters.

Linda Rettstatt said...

Good morning and thanks, Rosemary, for inviting me to your blog. I hope readers enjoy Reinventing Christmas as much as I enjoyed writing the story. It kept me in the Christmas spirit for the past year :)

Linda

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Hi Joanna - thanks for that. Hope you do manage to read it!

Absolutely, Patsy! Thanks for commenting.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Hello Linda - great to have you here. I adore Christmassy stories.

January Bain said...

Hi Linda, interesting post and the perfect Christmas book! Congratulations and all the best, January.

Vikki said...

This does sound like a nice Christmas read!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Hi January - thanks for dropping by!

Hello Vikki - it's lovely to read Christmassy books at this time!

linda_rettstatt said...

Thanks, everyone. Just home from work and able to check in. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. And yes, Patsy, my former work as a psychotherapist does help when digging into the emotional elements of a character.

Talli Roland said...

What a wonderful story - sounds perfect for the season. Congrats, Linda!