Monday 13 February 2012

Lovely Liebster Award

I'm so touched to have received two more of the lovely Liebster Awards - German for dearest or beloved. How appropriate for this Valentine week. Many thanks to online writing friend Paula Martin, and fellow Muse author Jane Richardson whose own blogs are well worth visiting.


I'm supposed to tell you five things about myself and pass the award on to a few blogs with fewer than 200 followers.

I'll make the five things snappy favourites, lest I begin to bore you!

1. Favourite classical music is baroque: Bach, Handel, Albinoni, Vivaldi
2. Favourite colour is green, or sometimes purple
3. Favourite bird is the eagle, or an owl
4. Favourite animal is the tiger, or penguin
5. Favourite sculpture is Rodin's The Kiss

And now I'm passing the award on to a few of my writing friends:

My lovely daughter Vikki whose creative blog, Through the looking glass, deserves more readers, and to encourage her to write more posts!
A newish interesting blog from five lovely writers at novel points of view
Interesting writer of crime and historicals, Chris Longmuir
Irreverent and amusing poet and crime writer, Michael Malone
Philosophical prolific writer of many genres, Bill Kirton

I follow many, many deserving bloggers  but I'm sticking closer to home on this occasion!

Rosemary

8 comments:

Bill Kirton said...

Thanks Rosemary for the kind comments and the choice of my blog for a Liebster award. Like the curmudgeonly old git I am, I decided a while back that my blog was getting cluttered with all sorts of things (mostly rubbish from me) so I had a clear-out. Some of the non-rubbish things were awards so, while I really do appreciate your kindness, I won't be claiming to be 'beloved'. Also, by your choice of just one word, you've set the bar high for me - I'm going to have to learn how to be 'philosophical'. X

Unknown said...

Thank you, Rosemary. Once I've cleared the clutter I'll get on with answering the question. Cheers, oh, and I see Bill gave you a kiss, so I will too.

X

Joanna said...

Congratulations on the well-deserved award, Rosemary. I'm off to look at your daughter's blog now.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks for your comment, Bill - I quite understand. You are definitely a philosophical blogger when not being curmudgeonly (or maybe when you are!). Anyway, your blog deserves a mention.

Thanks, Michael - oh, is that what the x means?

Thank you, Joanna - I'm sure Victoria (Vikki) will be pleased you're having a look. I was just mentioning your great stories the other evening!

Vikki said...

Thanks for the award Mum! I noticed a few new visitors to my blog (thanks Joanna and Jean!) and wondered how they had suddenly found me:)

Diane Fordham said...

Congrats Rosemary - smiled at your favourite animal, such a contrast. I must check those other blogs :-)

Teresa Ashby said...

Congratulations, Rosemary - well deserved x

Rosemary Gemmell said...

You're welcome, daughter dear!

I know, Diane, I thought of that when I wrote it - think maybe it sums up my contrasting nature!

Thanks so much, Teresa. You are always so supportive.