Friday 26 October 2012

Spell for a Hero

Today is Janice Horton's fabulously fun Spellbinding Party to launch her new novella, How Do You Voodoo? To enter into the fun, I'm posting my spell below. And, by a happy coincidence, who doesn't love a party on their birthday! A fun way to start my special day. Do pick up a copy of Janice's fun novella - it's FREE today on Amazon UK and US.

My favourite literary hero is Mr Rochester from Jane Eyre, so I've composed the following rhyme spell in the (forlorn) hope he is real!

Sprinkle of stardust
and sweet single rose,
crinkle of parchment
with timeless prose;
mixed with some pixie dust,
thistledown spear,
and wax from white candles -
bring my hero here.

Though I have to admit my own husband is my hero this morning as he went to enormous (and clever) lengths to find me a particular kind of mint chocolate creams that I've only ever seen in one of our favourite restaurants! The best surprise of the day so far.

Have a great weekend.
Rosemary

18 comments:

Janice said...

Arw, a sweet spell for a sweet birthday. Happy Birthday Rosemary! It sounds to me like you didn't need a spell to find your real life hero!

Have a lovely day and thank you for all your magical support!

Janice xx

Gwen Kirkwood said...

You already have the best hero there is Rosemary. Have a happy birthday.
I enjoyed your poetic spell. I tried for poetry but couldn't quite manage it. Well done you.

Pauline Barclay said...

Sending a sunny spell for your Birthday, and I loved your poem too. Have a fabulous day. xx

Nicky Wells said...

LOL, love your style. I shall use your spell to make Dan Hunter (him of Sophie's Turn) real. Move over Sophie, he shall be mine! Excellent work, Rosemary.

Kit Domino said...

Awww that's lovely. What a wonderful husband you have, why want Mr Rochester?

Myra Duffy said...

I think one could become addicted to casting spells! Hope you are having a lovely birthday,Rosemary.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Hi Janice - all the best for a great party day!

You're quite right, Gwen, and I've told Simon so!

Many thanks for dropping by, Pauline - and for the sunshine!

Melanie said...

Great spell, Rosemary and birthday greetings to you!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Hi Nicky - you're welcome to try! Thanks for commenting.

Thanks, Kit - just as well I have my own hero and I'll leave Mr R in his pages!

Thank you, Myra - having a great day so far!

Rhoda Baxter said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely spell (and an even lovelier gift from Mr R!)

Kit Domino said...

Meant to say Happy Birthday too. Hope you're having great day. X

Jean Bull said...

Happy Birthday, Rosemary. What a beautiful poem to summon up Mr Rochester, but Mr Rosemary doesn't sound too bad!!!

Carolb said...

Happy birthday, Rosemary.
And what a lovely romantic thing your husband did for today.

Joanna said...

Many happy returns of the day, Rosemary. I hope you have a lovely birthday. Your mint creams sound magical and I love your rhyme too. x

Patsy said...

Hope your birthday continued as well as it started.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thank you, Rhoda!

Many thanks, Kit - I've had a lovely few days!

Thanks, Jean - he's not bad at all!

Thank you, Carol - I made sure he knew how clever he was!

Many thanks, Joanna!

It has indeed, Patsy - more lovely pressies today when I saw my little granddaughter and her parents!

Patsy said...

Rosemary, there's an award for you over on my blog.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thank you, Patsy!