Sunday 8 March 2015

A Touch of Spring

What a difference it makes to see the sun at last! Even though I'm mostly an autumn and winter person, my spirits lifted this morning when I woke to a bright bedroom and no sound of rain or wind. It's been awful here the past wee while and I do hope we're over the worst. I love the sense of nature wakening up and the idea of renewal, of looking forward to whatever the next few months will bring.


The first excitement is the online launch of The Highland Lass on Tuesday, March 10th. Please come along and join in the fun on Facebook, if you're on there, or on the blog here - I'm partying on both! If you've been to one of my launch parties before, you know to expect a lot of interaction, a quiz or two and prizes. Here's the selection of small Scottish gifts I'll be giving away. Details on the day!


Then on the last weekend of the month, I'm heading off to the annual Scottish Association of Writers Conference which is now held in a lovely hotel north of Glasgow, from the Friday till the Sunday. I'm looking forward to it even more than usual this year, as I'm not adjudicating a competition or running a workshop. I'm aiming to relax, enjoy listening to others, catch up with friends and come home refreshed and inspired. That's the plan anyway!

Hope you're having a good weekend.
Rosemary

No comments: