Monday, 10 August 2015

Taking a Break

We have my sister-in-law and husband coming to stay this week, arriving later today, so we're taking a break too so we can enjoy getting out and about since it's ages since they were up in Scotland and we're really looking forward to spending time with them. It's a great excuse to revisit some of my favourite places and eat out a few times! And, of course, a writer's mind is ever observing and taking note of anything interesting for future stories or articles.


I did, however, promise to visit the Erskine Library with other members of our writing group on Wednesday afternoon and hope to still take part in that - it's during the week-long festival and this gives our writing group, and its authors, some publicity. I'm sure husband and visitors will enjoy an afternoon to themselves while I'm there.

I mentioned on Facebook last night that I had just watched wonderful film, The Shawshank Redemption, for only the second time and my post elicited a lot of comments from people who also love the film. I haven't read the book of stories it appears in, Different Seasons, by Stephen King, but I'll now get around to it at some point. I usually detest prison films but this was so compelling, partly because of the main actors, Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman, and the interesting characters they portrayed so well.

I'm sure most people will have see the film by now, even if they haven't read the book, but there's a good overview written a while back by one of my fellow Crooked Cat authors, Nik Morton, which you can find here.

And talking of Crooked Cat - their great Summer Sale is on this week and many of the books are on special offer at only 99p (99c) on Amazon. I let The Highland Lass go into it too as lots of people love a bargain!


Hope you have a good week.
Rosemary

11 comments:

Carolb said...

Enjoy your mini-break with your relatives. Always a good reason to go visiting, and get more ideas. :-)

Wendy's Writing said...

Enjoy your break, Rosemary - I'm sure you'll come back well rested.

Joanna said...

Have a wonderful break, Rosemary, You'll definitely come back with lots of new ideas. xxx

Teresa Ashby said...

I loved the Shawshank Redemption too, film and novella.

I hope you have a lovely break, Rosemary xx

traceyswritingblog said...

One of my favourite films as well, Rosemary. Have a lovely break.

Nik Morton said...

Thanks for the mention, Rosemary. Enjoy your break! :)

Julia Thorley said...

I must be the last person in the world who hasn't seen this film, Rosemary. I must get my act together.

Nicola said...

Have a lovely, well earned break, Rosemary. I just got back from mine and my typing fingers really need a good oiling. But like you say, our minds continue to work whilst we are out and about and once all the unpacking, washing and ironing are done, I'll get back to work and put some of my jumbled ideas down on paper (as well as update my blog! eek!)Hope the sun is shining wherever you are. All the best.

Anonymous said...

Nice Website...
Hey JOIN now fblikesbot.com and Increase Facebook Likes your profile and websites.
Increase Facebook Likes and check your website worth worth my websites
its may be very beneficial for you also really

Todd T Davis said...

Books are always the friend of students.Many students get good writing details from books but many are not know the writing way. Please choose a better thesis writing service provider for relaxed writing.

NELSON Kiptoo said...

For quality Professional Custom Academic Writing Service go to EssayPros.We offer the best services in the market at affordable cost. Give it a try and you will FULLY recommend to anyone in your circle.