Thursday 30 March 2017

Looking Forward

I'm sure many of my blogging friends will be very glad that spring is now upon us and we can look forward to warmer, lighter days and evenings. Although I'm an autumn/winter person, I'm still happy to see the changes and enjoy the absence of chill for a while. By the time summer arrives, however, and especially if it gets too hot, I'll be looking forward to autumn again!

We have further major change this spring as we are heading off to pastures new in May - still in Scotland but a little more towards the est of the country and that bit nearer to Edinburgh. As you can imagine, we have been clearing out since last year and we're very glad that we started so early since we've been in this house for twenty seven years.

Some of the many boxes!
Needless to say, the majority of packed boxes contain books. I began with those as it was so difficult deciding how many to give away - not as many as husband would have liked in the end. So I've been promised a room as my study in the new house as long as I keep most of the books there. Now why does that sound like a good idea!

I'm hoping to get a newsletter out over the next few days, which will be the last until after the big move. No doubt we'll have fun setting up new Internet and WiFi connections, amongst all the other details that go into changing house and area. Watch this space!

Rosemary

8 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

That's exciting news, Rosemary and a big change for you after you've lived there for so long. Looks like you have everything well organised. Happy Spring!

Julia Thorley said...

Good luck with the move. I'm not planning to move ever again: I just can't bear the thought of having to pack up my office, never mind the rest of the house.

Helen Pollard said...

Good luck with your move! I can't imagine packing up all the c**p in our house, so well done, you!

Joanna said...

This is very exciting news, Rosemary. It must be a major feat to sort and pack everything after twenty-seven years. Judging by your boxes, you're really well-organised though and I'm sure it will go smoothly. It will be lovely to have your own room for writing with all your books around you. Wishing you much happiness in your new home and looking forward to hearing how it all goes. xxx

Jean Bull said...

What an organised stack of boxes. It must be so hard after 27 years to sort everything out. I hope that you'll be very happy in your new study with them around you. Unpacked, of course!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks, Teresa - you'll understand the pull of a wee grandchild!

It was a daunting thought at first, Julia, but we did the right thing in getting rid of so much well in advance!

Thank, Helen - it's quite liberating in a way!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Many thanks, Joanna - it feels like a positive new start and big adventure, but then I'm an optimist!

Thanks, Jean - looking forward to sorting out my space eventually!

Wendy's Writing said...

I didn't know you were moving - how exciting. Will you be at this year's RNA conference, Rosemary?