Wednesday 9 August 2017

Out and About

It's been a while since I posted anything and can't believe how quickly the summer is rushing through - though I always look forward to autumn! We've had a lovely few days with sister-in-law and her husband visiting us from Wales and it's a great opportunity to get out each day to explore and sample coffee shops and restaurants in between the sights.


We're so used to having all the seasons on one day here that we just dress for any eventuality and it stayed dry for some of the time at least. Although we can venture further afield next time, this visit was all about seeing us, the new house, family and easy to reach places of interest. Needless to say, much chatting and eating had to be slotted in.


I'm so concerned with taking photos of the scenery and so on that I tend to forget to take more of the people. Our wee granddaughter loved the attention of another aunty and uncle on their day out with us and drew a special picture of the day as a souvenir for them. Children always add such fun to an outing and we enjoyed watching a seal that kept popping its head out of the water to nosey around. Unfortunately I didn't fetch the camera quickly enough to snap it.


Now that we're getting back to normal, apart from a few small things to fix in the house, I need to get back into work mode very soon - in between lunch with a friend yesterday and the Society of Authors in Scotland AGM and lunch next week! Does anyone else find it hard to concentrate at this time of year?

Rosemary


8 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

Lovely photos, Rosemary. I bet your little granddaughter loved watching the seal. It hardly seems any time has passed since she was born and now she's drawing pictures. Where does the time go?

Julia Thorley said...

My home office overlooks my garden, and at this time of year I'm always popping outside to 'take a moment'. I'm so easily distracted, it's ridiculous.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks, Teresa - she starts school soon which is even more unbelievable!

I think it's the time of year, Julia!

Carolb said...

Lovely photos, and a great variety of places you can visit, Rosemary.

I must admit to finding it harder to write at this time of year as there's more background noise;with people being out in their gardens and children off school so out playing. Not that I mind, it will soon be autumn and back to work.

Wendy's Writing said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and you're right - children add that extra special something to an outing.

Joanna said...

Beautiful pictures, Rosemary, and I can imagine how much your little granddaughter enjoyed seeing the seal. Like Teresa, I can't believe how the years have flown since she was born.

I have found it harder to focus on writing during the summer. Although I haven't ventured far afield yet, there are generally far more distractions at this time of year. Looking forward so much to those autumn writing days! xxx

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Yes, roll on autumn, Carol!

Absolutely, Wendy!

Thanks, Joanna - I remember that you too prefer autumn for writing!

Patsy said...

Yes, it's much harder to concentrate whenever the weather is good enough to go outside.