Wednesday 6 January 2010

Scottish Woman Magazine & Story Competition

I finally bought a copy of glossy 'Scottish Woman' magazine this month as I noticed there was an article on writing a best seller (if only it were that simple!) and I've been wanting to check the magazine out for a while.

Like many glossies, it has sections on fashion, beauty and health, food, travel and features - and a lot of adverts. I haven't read it in depth yet, but it looks quite a nice publication.

The 'writing a best seller' article includes tips from Jenny Colgan, Cathy Cassidy, JK Rowling and Lin Anderson. Then I noticed they are running a short story competition.

You need the entry coupon from the magazine (December 2009/January 2010 issue) and the closing date is February 26th 2010. The theme is 'Summer in Scotland', maximum 2000 words. Full details are in the magazine.

The prize includes a literary crawl of Edinburgh and 2 nights in an Edinburgh Town House. Sounds very good! You'll find the magazine in most newsagents and large supermarkets.

Good luck if you decide to enter,
Rosemary

2 comments:

Jody said...

I picked it up too, it is all adverts and padding! It looked so good last year but they seem to have gotten rid of all their staff. I'll enter but never buy the mag again.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks for the comment, Jody. I know what you mean!