Monday 29 August 2011

Market Monday - AudioLark

AudioLark is an unusual market I came across for stories and novellas, as it's for audio book first with the added possibility of ebook, if the story is not already published that way. One of the attractions is the length: from 8,000 to 35,000 words, although they will consider longer work.

They seem to be looking for most types of romance, young adult, and 'hard' science fiction. Royalties are fairly generous and, after taking a quick look at some of the audio books already on offer, I recognise a couple of the authors published by them.

You can find all details on the AudioLark website. As always, I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with them, or who submits to them in the future.

Rosemary

4 comments:

Bill Kirton said...

Thanks for the link, Rosemary. It's very timely because my US publisher, myself and another of her authors (based in Boston) are working on recording book trailers, serials, short stories and, eventually, audiobooks. We're also encouraging other Pfoxmoor authors to do the same. I think authors reading their own work brings an added dimension to the experience. I'll pass the link on and, if it comes to anything, you'll get the usual percentage.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Glad it's of use, Bill. We definitely need to look at all publishing options these days.

K.C. Woolf said...

Interesting, I hadn't heard of this. Thanks!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

You're welcome, K.C!