Sunday 30 October 2011

Competitions

Before I get caught up with actually writing my novel (for a change) when NaNoWriMo starts on Tuesday, Ist November, I thought I'd mention these competitions. Plenty of encouragement to get the creative juices flowing!

The New Writer Prose and Poetry Competitions
Lots of great competitions. Closing date: 30th November 2011
Full details on TNW website

SAW St Andrew's Day Short Story Competition
Short stories of between 1,500 and 2,000 words - judged by Robin Pilcher.
Closing date: 30th November 2011. Full details here

Commonwealth Short Story Prize
Short Story between 2,000 and 5,000 words
Closing date: 30th November 2011. Full details here

The following is an unusual competition I've been asked to mention - warning: it's absolutely feminist!
Mookychick Feminist Flash 2011
Poem or fiction under 200 words. Full details on website

Good luck!
Rosemary

9 comments:

Joanna said...

Thank you Rosemary. This is very helpful. I think I have some stories waiting for a home and I shall investigate all of these!

K.C. Woolf said...

So you've decided! :-) Good luck with NaNo and have a great and productive month. :-)

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Hi Joanna - hope you might find a home with one of these!

Hi K.C. - finally, yes. You must have missed my previous post when I listed all the novels needing to be finished! It's no wonder I need a reason to focus for at least a month.

Patsy said...

Good luck with NaNo!

myraduffy said...

I'm beginning to realise what I've signed up for with NaNo!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks, Patsy - not sure if it's going to work or not but at least I'll try and get back into good writing habits (or any writing habit)!

Myra - I don't think I've even quite realised yet!

Joan Fleming said...

Thanks for the info, Rosemary. Yes, NaNo could be a challenge!

Carolb said...

Thanks for the competition info, Rosemary. And good luck with Nano.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

You're welcome, Joan - absolutely!

Thanks, Carol!