Sunday 18 May 2014

Newsletters

I've decided to take the leap and will try sending a regular newsletter out to anyone who might want to read it! This is another learning curve and I'm using one of the most popular companies - MailChimp. They do provide advice and short tutorials but I'm a hands-on person and like to learn by trial and error while actually doing it.

It's fun and I do hope it works okay. But I need subscribers to whom I can send the newsletter. So you will see a sign-up form at the side of the blog and if you'd like to receive my newsletter, then please do fill it in. You can unsubscribe at any time and your details are not shared with anyone. I'm aiming to send one out monthly, if possible, or every two months.

So what will the newsletter contain? As well as any news on my own publishing ventures, I shall feature submission details for a different publisher each time, for those in search of one for their own work, as well as at least one writing market. If the newsletter really takes off, I might begin featuring a guest author in each issue. My aim is to provide information to writers in addition to sharing my own news.

I'll let you know if it all works out!

Watch out for the launch party for The Adonis Touch on Friday 23rd May. It will mostly take place on Facebook this time but I'll post all the fun details here as well on Friday.

Rosemary

17 comments:

Joanna said...

A fantastic idea, Rosemary, and looking forward to the launch party too. xxx

Teresa Ashby said...

How exciting, Rosemary. I will sign up! x

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thank you, Joanna!

Thanks, Teresa - hope it works!

myraduffy said...

Hi Rosemary,
Couldn't sign up,though it's probably my lack of techie skills! I'll try again later.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks, Myra - hope you manage okay!

Vikki said...

That's me signed up! Look forward to the launch of the Adonis Touch!

Teresa Ashby said...

It did work, Rosemary and very glad I am too. I've had my first newsletter already :-) x

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks, Vikki!

Oh, that's great, Teresa - glad it arrived okay!

Carolb said...

All signed up and had the confirmation e-mail.

It's a great idea, so hope it's a great success, Rosemary.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks a lot, Carol!

Rena George said...

Signing up now.

Wendy's Writing said...

Have just subscribed, Rosemary. Look forward to reading it.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thank you, Rena!

Thanks, Wendy!

Maria said...

Fabulous idea, I look forward to receiving your news!

Julia Thorley said...

I use Mailchimp for my choir's newsletters. It's fairly straightforward, once you get the hang of it.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thank you, Maria!

It is indeed, Julia - I'm enjoying using it so far.

Cara Cooper said...

Good luck for tomorrow, looking forward to it.