Monday 6 April 2015

When Readers Respond

This is a kind of follow-on post from the previous one about reaching readers and illustrates the point I made about finding different ways to publicise our work.

Yesterday, I was overwhelmed to receive a wonderful message from an unknown reader through the contact page on my website. It was all the more welcome because it was from someone who had read The Highland Lass and wanted to tell me how much she'd enjoyed it! Although I value every single response and review to any of my writing, this is all the more meaningful for being so unexpected.

I think it's the same lady who left a new review on Amazon UK, but here's a little snippet of her message to me. Excuse me reproducing some of it here but it's not every day you received a response like this!

"Hi Rosemary, I have just finished reading The Highland Lass. What a fantastic book!!" She goes on to say that she recognised the landmarks. "What a lovely story about Eilidh, Robert Burns and Highland Mary, was so sorry it finished! Eagerly awaiting your next novel."

Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it? The only problem now is getting that next book written and hoping it will be so well accepted!

Meanwhile, I'm interviewed on the lovely Jenny Harper's blog today, if anyone has time to visit.

Rosemary

4 comments:

Julia Thorley said...

We all love a bit on unsolicited praise from a stranger. I think you may allow yourself a small preen.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks, Julia!

Frances Garrood said...

How lovely, Rosemary. I think reader feedback like that is one of the best things about writing, isn't it?

Rosemary Gemmell said...

It is indeed, Frances - thanks for commenting!