Saturday 21 July 2018

Rain and Writing

Please forgive my delight that we had a little relief from the relentless hot weather yesterday! It was wonderful to see the rain and feel the coolness, although it seems to be short-lived. The poor garden and flowers are also suffering and I could almost sense their gratitude when I went out to take a couple of photos.



I always find it more difficult to write during the summer, even without such extreme temperatures, so it was great to see a couple of pieces of writing in print. I can't remember if I mentioned before that one of my poems, Where Kelpies Sing, was published in a recent Wild Musette Journal. They have now published it online so anyone can read it. If you're interested, you can find it by clicking the link on the poem title.


The other published piece was a new article in the latest edition of the US magazine The Highlander. This one is about the Vikings' last battle on Scottish soil and is the second to be published this year. I love this magazine of Scottish heritage and have contributed to it for many years. Some of my previously published articles are in my Scottish Collection of non-fiction.

Now, I'm trying to add more words to my next Scottish novel, as well as various other projects - if only it would become cooler to let me concentrate!

Hope your own summer is going well.

Rosemary

4 comments:

Carolb said...

Good news on all those pieces Rosemary, and congratulations.x

I think this hot weather makes it harder to write fiction than non-fiction.

Maria said...

Well done on your recent successes Rosemary, and yes it's much harder to concentrate in the heat but I'm not knocking it as it'll be short lived and all of a sudden we'll be in Autumn!

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Many thanks, Carol. That's a good point!

Thanks, Maria - you're absolutely right. It will be autumn soon enough and I know not everyone will be as happy about that as me!

Unknown said...

I found the story is awesome and I already add the book to my TBR. So I can read the book later. Well last I read last I read that was the darkest minds. As the book is adapted for the movie. I am also excited to watch Watch The Darkest Minds 2018 Online trailers on YouTube and movie too.