Monday 6 August 2018

Writers & Artists Children's Story Competition

I thought I'd bring this competition to your attention, in case anyone is particularly interested in writing for children. It's a little different, in that they are looking for a 'high concept', unique world setting - as opposed to a domestic, realistic story.

Courtesy of Pixabay

The other difference is that we only have to write around 2000 words maximum (aimed at 10 year-olds) to show we can bring the characters and situation to life - so not a beginning, middle, end type of submission! The closing date is 30th September.

I really like the idea as I've written a couple of books for this age group before (Summer of the Eagles and The Jigsaw Puzzle) and would love to give it a go. Only trouble is coming up with a good enough idea as mine are usually set in the real world with just a touch of fantasy! If you'd like to enter, you'll find the details on the Writers and Artists website.

Rosemary

4 comments:

Patsy said...

I like creating characters and situations, but builing a whole world is too ambitious for me.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

I know what you mean, Patsy - that's the stumbling block!

Joanna said...

Wishing you great success with your entry, Rosemary. I'm sure you will be able to create a wonderful world. What an amazing competition xxx

Alina Wilson said...

Such an amazing and interesting blog I really like this blog. I remember during my studies I participated in many competitions by Assignment Help Online Service Seeing your blog reminded me of my time. I would love to read more blogs like this and thanks for sharing this blog.