I've probably posted this Recipe for Success photo before, from one of our favourite little coffee shops but I always find it inspirational!
Much-needed Encouragement to Persevere
- Adjudicator of the Pitlochry Award for a Romance novel at the Scottish Association of Writers Conference in March
- Ran a workshop at same event
- One article accepted by The Highlander Magazine (USA)
- Two other articles submitted to different journals (awaiting decision)
- Several poems submitted to various places (not heard anything yet)
- Four short stories submitted to magazines or competitions (not heard yet)
- A couple of letters sent to magazines
- Two children's short stories being accepted for an autumn/winter journal
- Two novels to finish (at least)
- Attending the Romantic Novelists' Association Conference in July - having agent one-to-ones
I've discovered how much I need the variety as it helps me to stay focused on creativity. Strangely enough, all this other type of writing doesn't distract me from the novel but seems to flex the creative muscle to keep me going.
Anyone else find it helps to dabble in different forms of writing or creativity?