Monday 11 November 2019

Time for an Update!

This is not the first time I've updated some of my books but this time, I'm updating every single published e-book and creating a new print version of each.

Courtesy of Pixabay

It's a good idea to update every so often, especially if only using e-books as that's relatively easy to do. But I've made the decision to keep control of all my published books, now that I have all the rights back, and to do it properly.

So the 'front and back matter' of each is being updated to include my new website address, the full list of published books and anything else that needed updating. I've also bought my own ISBN numbers for the full length books and tween novels. At the moment, they are all being published as paperbacks on Amazon - as that's the most straightforward to do.

But I'll also be uploading them to Ingram Spark for wider distribution, once they roll out their new facility. I'll keep the novellas and short story collections only on Amazon at the moment, although they're also in paperback. With Ingram Spark, it allows the books to be ordered in bookshops, from suppliers and by libraries. Hopefully, I'll work out how to format the covers for I.S. by then!

As I go through them, I'm also updating a few covers, especially those I wasn't happy with before. The idea is that once I've done all this, I can forget about the published books, apart from promoting them now and then, and concentrate on what comes next.

I have at least two unfinished novels, one of which is a complete departure and would probably become a series. Once I decide which to tackle first, I still have the option of sending them out to an agent or publisher. At least all the other books will be available meantime. I'm still writing occasional short stories, articles and poetry as well, so I need to get more organised.

No doubt I'll post more updates when everything is ready. Meanwhile, I've blogged about the Joy of Reading Poetry Together (with my granddaughter) on my new website, if anyone is interested!

5 comments:

Carolb said...

You'll be having a busy few months Rosemary, but will be worthwhile. Hope it goes well.x

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks for commenting, Carol - busy but productive!

Julia Thorley said...

Congratulations on your new 'corporate identity'. I've just read your poetry post, too. What a lovely idea to share poetry with your granddaughter.

Wendy's Writing said...

Well done. It sounds like a lot of work, Rosemary, but having new covers for your novels is very exciting.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks for your comments, Julia and Wendy! Have been slow to respond, sorry.