Monday 4 May 2020

May Musings on Lockdown

Hard to believe it's now about six weeks since the UK lockdown and social distancing began in earnest. I expect many people will be settled into a new routine and perhaps some will retain a few changes made at this time. I love the way the earth is healing and nature is reclaiming the cleaner spaces, but I wouldn't wish such an awful illness on anyone, never mind the fatalities. However, I certainly won't want to travel huge distances for a long time, if ever, and will happily discover more of our own country when allowed.

It's a more difficult time for anyone alone who is used to company, or for those missing family and friends. I've been used to working from home for so long that little has changed apart from the school run with granddaughter (she is much missed), catch-ups in real life with daughter and other family, and jaunts into Glasgow for coffees, lunches and chats with friends, although we have weekly phone calls. Strangely, I can't be bothered with Facebook and Twitter so much, partly because I get fed up with all the things we're encouraged to do, watch or try! I'm happy as I am, thank you.



Husband and I are fairly content with home, gardening and daily walks together. I'm trying to catch up with various projects and organising work files, photos and clothes (again!), though my full length writing still eludes me. Thankfully, I enjoy shorter items and do think about which longer length work in progress is most calling to be written. That's the problem with having about three different novels/novellas on the go but not getting into any of them.

One thing I've been enjoying is going through some of my old baking recipes and trying a few new ones. So far, I've baked a new recipe walnut and date loaf using oil, a lemon loaf cake, Greek yogurt pancakes (to use up the yogurt), and raspberry buns which are now cooling on the wire rack. So far, I've been happy with the results and decided to experiment with freezing a little of each to keep fresh to eat later - all worked well but haven't tried freezing the buns yet.

Husband and I have made various soup and we tried a new chicken recipe during the week: Alpine Chicken Stew. Very tasty but I would reduce the amount of crème fraiche and white wine the next time. My only problem soon will be getting self-raising flour for more baking!

How are you occupying your time? Stay safe.

Rosemary

2 comments:

Jean Bull said...

Replying to your very last Blogger post here because I've just seen your delicious raspberry buns! We, too, have been trying new recipes mainly because we've been having surprise vegetable bags from our local farm shop, and having to find ways of using them up: stir-fries with rainbow chard; watercress soup and celery soup.
I have always enjoyed your blogs and wish you well in your future writing.
Jean

Prof Robert Hernandez said...

GET YOUR BLANK CARD FOR FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH (blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com ) or WATSAPP: +1 (620) 307-3174.


WHEN I GOT MY BLANK ATM CARD FROM CJ BLANK CARD (blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com)EVERYTHING CHANGED FOR ME!!!


Hello Guys, My Life will never remain the same!!! I’m so happy I got mine from Robert Hernandez. My blank ATM card can withdraw €3000 weekly. I got it from them last week and now I have up to €15,000. The ATM card withdraws money from any automated teller machines worldwide. There’s no name on it, it’s also untraceable. I was directly linked to this organization on the dark web and I’m really happy i got lucky enough to meet them because I’m a 99.9% skeptical when it comes to things like this, but it turns out they work as underground launderers in turkey, mostly ziraat bank and have a 100% policy against scams. The card can be sent to you through DHL in two days if you contact them early via e-mail:blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com or watsapp: +1 (620) 307-3174. or kindly find more on their website Get yours now. I mean right now if you know you’re struggling financially and thank me for eternity. Bye for now. +1 (620) 307-3174.